Tibet Permit

Tibet Travel Permits -Tibet Visa

There are two kinds of permits issued for traveling in Tibet: the Tibet entry permit (TTB permit, equivalent of a visa for Tibet) and the Alien travel permit (PSB permit). Some people also call the Tibet travel permit as the Tibet visa, or Lhasa visa. Tibet roof of world international travel service  provides both types of permit for clients who book a tour with us.

TTB Permit – Tibet Entry Permit – The “Tibet Visa” or “Lhasa Visa”

When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show this permit when checking in at the airport. Also, in order to buy a flight to Lhasa in the first place you will need to show this permit. TTB permits are also needed by groups traveling by Land Cruiser, but this will be arranged by the travel agency organizing the trip. Following is a picture of a TTB permit (click on the picture to enlarge): PSB Permit – Alien Travel Permit. If you want to visit “restricted” areas in Tibet, you will need an Alien travel permit issued by the PSB (Public Security Bureau) of Tibet.

Chinese group Visa from Nepal:

This visa is only applicable for travellers who entry from Nepal by air or overland. All foreigners traveling to Tibet from Nepal require a Tibet Group Visa. This visa only can be obtained in the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. This visa is printed on a A4 size paper with your essential information such as all the group member’s name, passport number, gender, nationality, date of birth and occupation. The dates of entry and exit are precisely noted on the visa paper. All the members of the group must entry Tibet and exit China together. The Chinese embassy in Kathmandu issues two copies of original Tibet Group visa. One copy will be collected by immigration office when you entry Tibet and the other one need to show at the exit gate in China. If you enter Tibet from Nepal, then make sure you don’t apply for a Chinese visa in your home country or elsewhere. Because if you do, it will be cancelled and you need to apply for a Tibet Group visa at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu.